Grocery shopping is a good place to start when trying to keep monthly expenses under control. The Milwaukee office of GreenPath Debt Solutions has put together six good habits to learn when it comes to shopping at the grocery store:
- Shop the sales. And look for unadvertised specials.
- If your grocery store offers a discount card, sign up to take advantage of lower prices and additional coupons.
- Stockpile products that you use regularly if you can find them on sale. Buy as much as you can afford and store to last you until the next sale. This could be a big money saver.
- If possible, wait to buy an item until it is on sale. If you know your products and stores, you’ll probably have enough to last until the item is discounted again.
- Just because an item has the word “SALE” on it, doesn’t mean you are getting it for a lower than normal price. Know your prices.
- Don’t be afraid to try generic or store brands. Most stores will refund your money if you are not satisfied.